VBCorLib for VB6

Friday, May 04, 2007

Back In The Saddle

It's been a while and I haven't touched VBCorLib since the v2.1 release, but have been itching to get a couple of things added!

I've been playing with VB9 (Orcas) and really want the BigInteger added to the library. I've seen attempts of big number handling in VB6, but they use strings and base 10 values. With BigInteger a byte array will be used and allow for hex support for parsing and string output. I'll probably add some Java inspired methods of bit manipulation.

When BigInteger is completed I can try my hand at creating a VB6 version of the RSA encryption. I'll probably call it RSAManaged. I never liked the restrictiveness of hash algorithm choices that RSACryptoServiceProvider supported. Mono supports basically any hash algorithm derived from HashAlgorithm.

As I keep playing with VB9 I will keep my eye out for other classes that make sense to add to the library. There are a gazillion classes, but I'm keeping the search narrowed to the mscorlib.dll library for now.

Kelly

4 Comments:

  • I think you are a little crazy, but I really admire your skills :).
    Thank you for VBCorLib it's very usefull for maintaining our legacy VB6 applicatione and very stable.

    Peter Mueller

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/07/2007 5:10 AM  

  • I'm almost finished with a vb6/VBCorLib port of Nini Hope to tackle Nlog next :)

    By Blogger Dedalus, at 9/24/2007 1:14 PM  

  • I had to google Nini to understand what you menat :) Very interesting. I'd be interested in seeing your finished code.

    By Blogger Kelly Ethridge, at 9/29/2007 2:13 AM  

  • Hi Kelly, can you create a sample program to use the lib of RSA, from generate until encryption? Thx.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2012 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home