VBCorLib for VB6

Saturday, June 11, 2005

It Has Begun

As much as I'd like to keep my hands of the library, it is difficult not to want to add more functionality. Has anyone noticed there is no INI file support? Amazing! And no one even brought it up. So now I've been learning all about them. I've never used them personally for anything, only heard everyone else using them.

I've also been improving the documentation. It will always be evolving as I find methods that aren't documented, or are so complex that an example is necessary. So you can always expect updates to both the library and documentation sometime in the future.

And that will be the end, I promise! ;)

2 Comments:

  • The tool looks great but how do I get started using it? I opened VB6 and started a new project. I then selected Tools>>References and selected VB.EXT: VBCorLib
    Now, how do I use the classes within. do yo have a small tutorial or a small application that uses this dll? Thank you.

    kenaso@comcast.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/12/2005 8:08 AM  

  • Yes, there are tutorials at www.kellyethridge.com/vbcorlib.

    There is also documentation available there, if you don't have the help file. Many of the classes and functions in the documentation have sample code, aswell.

    I hope this helps,
    Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly Ethridge, at 6/12/2005 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home