VBCorLib for VB6

Saturday, December 03, 2005

What's Next?

What's on the horizon with VBCorLib? The DLL itself will probably not be expanded any further. After I finish up a couple things with it, I'll begin researching the capabilities of the System.dll from .NET and see what can be reproduced in VB6. The VBSystem.dll will be the first DLL built using VBCorLib on the way to expand the VB.EXT framework. It will be an exciting time as I will be able to focus on other systems instead of lower-level code.

As for what I have to finish up on VBCorLib. Well, the FileStream class isn't quite right, so I must fix that. It shouldn't be anything critical for anyone. I then want to support asychronous file IO in the FileStream class. That's really about all that's left. It is possible that VBCorLib will be expanded as new parts of the framework emerge requiring increase support from the core library.

So, in the near future I should be starting work on VBSystem.dll, the 2nd dll of the VB.EXT framework.

And ideas are always welcome. I can't say if they will make it into the VBSystem.dll, as I'll be trying to keep it with the same context as the .NET version. There may be another dll in which a suggestion would fit and be implemented at a later date.

Off I go!

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home