VBCorLib for VB6

Monday, July 11, 2005

Just When I Though It Was Over

Ok, I haven't released anything yet. I have figured out how to create the .RES files now, so I have been rebuilding the Resource area from the ground up. It now supports the ability to be extended to allow for new resource types to be decoded from the .RES file without the need for updating VBCorLib. On the same token, encoding will work the same way.

Classes can implement the IResourceDecoder or IResourceEncoder to read and write to a .RES file. Right now there are decoders for bitmap, icons, cursors, group icons, group cursors and string tables. I will write encoders for those types and that should be enough to cover 99% of everything. For resources that aren't supported, they are still read and written as byte arrays.

The enumeration is robust in that each resource now has a unique key, and each string in a string table is returned individually.

I'll implement the same functionality when dealing with resources in executable files also. Reading is supported on all systems, but writing seems to be supported on only NT machines.

Off I go..

Kelly

2 Comments:

  • I'm really looking forward for the next release. Thank you so much for sharing this project!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2005 9:06 AM  

  • I'm looking forward to it, too! heh

    I have fixed a few bugs. I think that is all of them, really heh. I've added several things, such as INI file support, and a completely enhanced MemoryMappedFile class, and updated a few other classes.

    Shouldn't be long now!

    -Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly Ethridge, at 7/13/2005 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home