VBCorLib for VB6

Sunday, February 28, 2016

SimplyVBUnit and VBCorLib Activity Abound

Greetings!

It's been a very long time since my last post and with all the activity in the last year or two, I thought I'd take this opportunity to summarize what's been going on.

Firstly, SimplyVBUnit has been going strong and has become a popular unit-testing framework in the VB6 world. I've been updating it since the version 4 release and it continues to improve. There are still some things I'd like to do with it, such as learn to integrate it with Team City. I've never attempted anything with Team City, so that might be an enlightening experience (succeed or fail). There are some minor code related updates I want to get to as well. Overall SimplyVBUnit is fully fleshed out and very stable.

There's been an unusual amount of activity within the VBCorLib code-base over the past year or two. Many of the classes had not kept up with where .NET has gone and I wanted to bring some of them up to speed where they no longer align with their .NET counter-part. There have been many bug fixes, code refactorings, and interface changes. Version 3 is turning out to be a cleaning party as I apply all I've learned in the many years since the version 2.3 release back in 2008. Overall, I've been enjoying squeezing as much out of VB6 as possible in this endeavor.

VB6 still enjoys a passionate following and that's great! I don't use VB6 outside of these projects, but I still enjoy going back to some old-school days and making code do things that weren't being done in those days. So if you're still using VB6, either maintaining legacy applications or even starting new projects, I hope these apps can be helpful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home