VBCorLib for VB6

Monday, June 27, 2005

Stabilized...

Ok, I admit that Version 1.0 was not completely stable in some areas and even some functions failed. Even with a 1000+ tests, I can still miss stuff.

I improved many things in Version 1.2.2, and now I'm at Version 1.5. Many things have been fixed and improved again. A much more coherent set of interfaces have been implemented and some unstable portions of code have been fixed.

The WeakReference has been fixed and now works fine in the IDE and compiled dll. I use it extensively in the exception classes.

I created an ExceptionBase class that maintains a weak reference to the parent exception class. It provides services to easily implement exception classes, including holding any values needed and is persistable.

Much refactoring has happened which actually shrank the size of the dll. Not by much, but it was something.

I don't think I will be adding anything, really. I'm pretty sure this is the end at 1.5. I'll prepare it for release as soon as I can.

- Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home